IraLIS (International Registry of Authors-Links to Identify Scientists) is a standardization system of scientific authors' signatures.
IraLIS works in 5 lines:
- To make scientific authors aware of the importance of his signature in order to be cited correctly, and to recover easily their bibliography throughout their live careers.
- To write signature's standard criteria to
a) be indexed properly in databases and
b) be distinguished from other authors with the same or similar name.
- To produce a database with all the signature variants used by each author.
- To carry out automatic literature searches using all signature variants.
- To be the authority list of the E-LIS repository authors names.